Monday, December 17, 2007

Who is home after a "minor" heart attack?

From Alex:

ALEX TREBEK HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

(CULVER CITY, CA, December 15, 2007) Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek is recuperating at his Studio City home after his release from Cedars-Sinai Hospital on Saturday Dec. 15 following his recent minor heart attack.

Trebek has sent a statement to the Jeopardy! website message boards:

"I'm truly overwhelmed by the great show of support and compassion expressed in the past few days to me, my family and my coworkers. Even tho ugh I know Jeopardy! is a very popular program, I was still surprised at the number of people who took time from their schedules to call or send a note of encouragement. I thank you all so very much. I'm on the mend, and will be spending Christmas at home with my family. I will be back in the studio on January 14 to tape our Teen Tournament, which is always one of my favorite competitions. Meanwhile, I hope you will continue to watch and enjoy the program. The shows were taped before my heart attack, so what you are seeing is original, not rerun material. Happy Holidays to all of you. Alex"

No comments: