Thursday, May 07, 2009

Paul Kangas leaving PBS's "Nightly Business Report"

from pbs:
For 30 years, Paul Kangas has concluded each Nightly Business Report broadcast by wishing viewers “the best of good buys.” This play on words will take on new meaning with the announcement that the legendary NBR anchor will be leaving his anchor position at the end of 2009. Kangas plans to stay active in the financial world.
“I’m not retiring,” explained Mr. Kangas. “Business news is what I know and it’s what I am. So I plan to stay involved through speaking engagements, guest commentaries, television appearances and consultation. NBR has a fine nucleus of young talent that works hard to secure the tough interviews and tell the important stories. These people ‘get it’ and I have no doubt they will carry on with aplomb.”

No comments: