Friday, May 25, 2007

clarification: not my paragaraph

In my friday column in the Register, this paragraph from a PR release about The History Channel special on "Star Wars" mistakenly was printed as my writing. I'm correcting this here because it's the quickest way to do it, in the blog. I don't want anyone to think I intentionally lifted something verbatim from a PR release. It was part of some material I was using for reference and somehow got into print. The graf:
"As we approach the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, we have time to reflect on the unheralded film that opened in theaters and took audiences on a ground-breaking journey to a galaxy far, far away. It instantly seized the public’s imagination, and three decades later still claims that grasp."
Yeah. That's PR talk. I might have said, "The 1977 film that caught our attention with its creativity, cool characters and special effects quickly became a career-making franchise for its producers and actors.

No comments: